RM | SOTHEBY'S
TITLE PARTNER TO THE ANNUAL LONDON TO BRIGHTON VETERAN CAR RUN
A staple on the European collector car calendar, RM Sotheby’s returns to London for its 15th annual auction on 6 November. Known for its electric atmosphere and specializing in everything from imposing Edwardians to modern supercars, this year’s auction will offer collectors and attendees the opportunity to add to their collection all while experiencing the city during autumn.
RM Sotheby’s has become the title partner to the annual London to Brighton Veteran Car Run for the next decade. As the world’s largest and most evocative gathering of veteran cars, attracting hundreds of entries from all around the globe, RM Sotheby’s is excited to host its sale on the eve of the Veteran Car Run in conjunction with the partnership.
Looking to join us?
Contact our Client Service team for assistance with accommodations.
IMPORTANT BIDDER INFORMATION
PREVIEW LOCATION & DRINKS RECEPTION
London SW1Y 4AN
Royal Automobile Club
London, SW1Y 5HS
Bidder Registration Requirements
- One of the following: Driver's License, Passport Identification, or ID Card
- Proof of funds (International Proof of Funds or Bank Statement)
- Credit Card (used for a pre-auction authorization)
- If registering as a Company, Proof of Company (Incorporation documents, VAT/Tax Number)
- If registering as a North American dealer, copy of Dealer and Resale Tax Certificate
Additional Fees to Be Considered
For Motor Car Lots:
- In the event of a final Hammer Price of £200,000 and below on all motor car lots, RM Sotheby’s (“RMS”) will receive a Buyers’ Premium of 15% (plus VAT on the Buyers’ Premium).
- In the event of a final Hammer Price above £200,000 on all motor car lots, RMS will receive a Buyers’ Premium of 15% (plus VAT on the Buyers’ Premium) on the first £200,000 and will receive a Buyers’ Premium of 12.5% (plus VAT on the Buyers’ Premium) on the Hammer Price above £200,000.
For Non-Motor Car Lots:
- Buyers of all non-motor car lots, including but not limited to memorabilia, motorcycles, boats, trailers, jewelry, and clothing, are required to pay RMS a Buyers’ Premium of 20% (plus VAT on the Buyers’ Premium) on the Hammer Price of those particular lots.
Bidders are responsible for any applicable duty and/or local taxes on any motor car(s) or any other lot(s) purchased. International bidders are advised to inform themselves of potential import duties that would be due upon arrival of the lot(s) to its final destination. You are advised to speak with your local representatives in advance of the sale to understand what these costs would be. The location in which the lot is sold is clearly indicated on the lot page found on rmsothebys.com.
Please pay careful attention to any lots that are:
- VAT Applicable
- VAT Implication
- Temporary Import
Lots Under Temporary Import
Those cars subject to temporary importation restrictions cannot be discharged from RMS’ custody without the completion of customs procedures and until full payment has been received. Customs charges will be levied appropriately depending on each individual scenario and will be payable directly to the relevant authorities, which RMS will provide the details of as and when necessary.
Payment is due in full on or before 17:00 of the next business day following the auction, and payment is to be made to RMS. All payments must be in the form of bank transfer unless other arrangements have been approved in advance. International Bidders are advised that bank transfers may take multiple days for funds to transfer, and as such, we ask for banking institutions to confirm the transfer directly with our Administration department once initiated.
Please work with our Administration team post-sale to finalise collection details and arrangements before Monday, 15 November. Following the auction, all lots will be removed from the auction venue and taken into storage. Smaller items of memorabilia will be stored in Richmond, United Kingdom. All other lots will be taken into secure storage in either Chedburgh or Chobham, United Kingdom. The fee for this removal is £395 +VAT to be paid by the buyer. Daily storage charges at a rate of £25 + VAT per car and £15 + VAT per item of memorabilia will be charged from Monday, 15 November onwards. All charges will need to be paid prior to the lot being released. Please note that it is the Buyer’s responsibility to insure their purchased lot(s) whilst in storage, as insurance is the Buyer’s responsibility once the lot is sold. RMS strongly advises Buyers to make immediate arrangements for the collection and transport of purchased lots. It is the Buyer’s responsibility to make their own arrangements, but RMS is pleased to offer our clients the services of the following preferred company:
You will not receive the title for your car at the time of the sale. Once full payment has been received, pending all title cancellation formalities having been completed, you can expect your title to be couriered to you within 20 business days post-sale, at which time you can register the car at its final destination.
Client Service and Administration Contacts
§ Please note that lots displaying this symbol are offered by a “Business” as defined in the Consumer Protection Rights Clause found in the Bidders Conditions of Business